Palmer HPDE Schools
"Up-To-Speed" High Performance Driver's Ed (HPDE) provides classroom and in-car coaching to enhance your skills—guaranteed.
The HPDE school is a one-day program consisting of classroom training and on-track sessions with a personal instructor.
Classroom sessions cover the basics for driving on the racetrack:
- Track etiquette: Use of flags, pitting out, pitting in, point-by signaling.
- Racetrack basics: seating, hand & foot position, mirrors, steering & pedal inputs.
- Vehicle dynamics: Traction limits, weight transfer, friction circle physics.
- Racing skills: Consistency, car control, accelerating & braking, timing, visual focus.
- Safety skills: What to do in a spin, collision avoidance, car control at speed.
For on-track sessions, your instructor "rides shotgun" with you and focuses on your driving and goals for the session.
To attend, you must be 16 years with a valid drivers license. You also need a car and helmet, or you may rent a car or helmet.
How to Attend or Purchase
To attend, either get a Gift Voucher or choose a date:
Use the left-side menu for more information about our HPDE. HPDE events are also listed underUpcoming Events and on the Event Calendar.
For a "360-view around the race track": click here.
Call or email us for more details or questions.