Palmer HPDE Schools
"Up-To-Speed" High Performance Driver's Ed (HPDE) is a one-day program (9 AM to 4 PM) that consists of both classroom and driving sessions with a personal instructor.
In the classroom you learn the basics about driving on a racetrack:
- Track etiquette: Use of flags, pitting out, pitting in, point-by signaling.
- Racetrack basics: seating, hand & foot position, mirrors, steering & pedal inputs.
- Vehicle dynamics: Traction limits, weight transfer, friction circle physics.
- Racing skills: Consistency, car control, accelerating & braking, timing, visual focus.
- Safety skills: What to do in a spin, collision avoidance, car control at speed.
During your track sessions, your instructor "rides shotgun" to give you real-time feedback and one-on-one coaching.
To attend, you must be 16 years with a valid drivers license. You also need a car and helmet, or you may rent a car or helmet.
How to Attend or Purchase
To attend, either get a Gift Voucher or signup for an upcoming HPDE school:
Use the left-side menu for more information about our HPDE. HPDE events are also listed underUpcoming Events and on the Event Calendar.
For a "360-view around the race track": click here.
Call or email us for more details or questions.